Dr. Merlin Mythili has a Ph.D in Management from Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal and has done her MBA from Madras University along with Postgraduate degrees in English (Madras University) and Human Rights (Pondicherry University).
Dr. Badri Toppur
Associate Professor & Head of the Centre of Excellence
Badri Toppur has joined Rajalakshmi School of Business as Associate Professor in the area of Statistics, Quantitative Techniques and Systems Analysis and Design.
Dr. Subhendu Dey
Ex-Director - RSB PG, CPM, Ph.D
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Book of Readings:
1. Dey, Subhendu., Venkata, N. Posha. (2006). Cultural Intelligence - An Introduction. ICFAI University Press, 2006
1. Dey, Subhendu., and Ishani, Banerjee. (2015) "TEXMACO - How the Multi-discipline, Multi-Unit Engineering and Infrastructure Company turned its fortunes". Globsyn Management Journal, Vol. IX, Issue 1&2, pp. 53-68
2. Dey, Subhendu., Soumali, Dutta., Siddharth, Dasgupta., and Ishani, Banerjee. (2014) Nokia - Connecting too few people presented at the Case Centre's Anniversary Conference at IIM Bangalore, 8-9, September 2014.
3. Dey, Subhendu. (2013). Rythu Bazaars - The alternative marketing channel. LEISA India, June 2013, Volume 15, No. 2, pp. 12-14
4. Mukhopadyaya, J.N., Subhendu, Dey., Prithviraj, Banerjee., and Soumali, Dutta. (2013). Kingfisher Airlines - King of Good Times Trapped in Bad Weather. The Management Accountant, ICMAI, Volume 48, No. 1, pp. 61-71
5. Dey, Subhendu., and Salma, Ahmed. (2013). Vegetable Price Rise: Rythu Model Solution. SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Vol. X No. 3, pp. 34-42
6. Ahmed, Salma., and Subhendu, Dey. (2012). Performance of Rythu Bazaars- A Study of the benefits received by the Customers. Research Bulletin Vol. XXXVI, ICAI, pp. 179-191
7. Dey, Subhendu. (2012). Rythu Bazaar - A Study of the benefits received by the farmers. Asian Journal of Management Research, Vol. 3 Issue 1, pp. 220-231
8. Dey, Subhendu. (2012). Rythu Bazaar - A Study of the Supply Chain of the Farmers' Markets of Andhra Pradesh. The IUP Journal of Operations Management, Vol. XI, No. 3, 2012, pp. 43-66
10. Dey, Subhendu. (2012). Key Drivers for Farmers and Consumers of Rythu Bazaars - A Study of the Farmers' Markets of Andhra Pradesh. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, Vol. II Issue - VI, June 2012, pp. 48-57
11. Dey, Subhendu. (2011). Bank on Technology. Times of India, July 27, 2011
12. Dey, Subhendu. (2010). Wake up before it is too late: Competition is coming from Non-competing Industries. SSRN, August 2010
13. Dey, Subhendu. (2010). Innovators...... Or Creators of Markets. GBS @ Work, August 2010
14. Dey, Subhendu., Keka, Lahiri., and Alakjary, Tudu. (2010). Tata Nano - The low cost aspirational car. SSRN, June 2010
15. Dey, Subhendu., Indrani, Kar., and Nilanjana, Banerjee. (2010). Vodafone - Branding Challenges in India. ECCH, February 2010
16. Dey, Subhendu. (2009). Government must emulate Andhra's Rythu Bazaar Model. The Economic Times, October12, 2009
17. Dey, Subhendu. (2009). Farmer to Customer - Increasing efficiencies in the Supply Chain. GBS @ Work, July 2009
18. Dey, Subhendu. (2009). Employee Retention-A Key to Organizational Growth. Globsyn Management Journal, Vol. 3 Issue 1, pp. 45-49
MDP and FDP:
1. Conducted MDP on "Multi-faceted Roles of a Manager" for Departmental Managers of Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Ltd. and Greenstar Fertilizers Ltd. at SPIC, Tuticorin on January 22, 2016.
2. Conducted MDP on "Multi-faceted Roles of a Manager" for Departmental Managers of Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Ltd. and Greenstar Fertilizers Ltd. at SPIC, Tuticorin on October 16, 2015.
3. Conducted FDP on "Case Method of Teaching" for management pupil of Globsyn Business School on April 04, 2010
4. Conducted FDP on "Case Analysis and Case Writing" for faculty members and management pupil of Globsyn Business School on May 11, 2009
5. Conducted FDP on "Using Search Engines Effectively for Research" for Management Pupil of Globsyn Business School on May 06, 2009
6. Conducted FDP for faculty members of Magnus School of Business "Learning Organizational Behaviour from the Civilizations" on July 07, 2008
1. Developed the Business Plan for Techno Economic Viability Study For Expansion & Debt-Restructuring of Print Shop & Group, a leading printing house in Chennai, undertaken for Ecofin Global Consulting, Hyderabad, April 2011.
2. Developed the Business Plan for a Feasibility Study to set up a Sunflower Crushing Plant at Russia submitted to WND Holdings, undertaken for Ecofin Global Consulting, Hyderabad, May 2011.
3. Developed the Business Plan for Hartt Hotel Supplies, KSA undertaken for Ecofin Global Consulting, Hyderabad, November 2009.
Dr. Badri Toppur
Associate Professor & Head of the Centre of Excellence - Business Analytics - RSB MS, MBA, Ph.D
Badri Toppur has joined Rajalakshmi School of Business as Associate Professor in the area of Statistics, Quantitative Techniques and Systems Analysis and Design. He has also been designated Head of the Center of Excellence for Business Analytics.
Prior to this, he was working as Associate Professor with Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai from 2010 to 2014. His first post was as Assistant Professor at T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal. He worked there from 2003 to 2010, where he gained experience teaching courses in Quantitative Techniques, Decision Analysis, Operations Research, Statistics and Computer Simulation. He has collaborated with other faculty on offering executive education programmes for Bangalore based companies such as HP and Oracle.
His bachelor degree was in Mathematics from St. Stephen's College, Delhi. Toppur's area of study grew more towards applied Mathematics over the subsequent years, and his M.S. was in Computational Mathematics and Operations Research, from Clemson University, South Carolina, USA. In the year 2002 he was awarded a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Operational Research, on the area of heuristics for network design. Recently he has obtained an MBA in Global Energy, from Bauer College that is part of University of Houston, USA.
Badri likes to exercise on his bicycle to keep in shape.
Dr. Merlin Mythili
Associate Professor - RSB MBA, MA, MHR, Ph.D
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
1. Shanmugam, M.M (2013). Relationship of Gender Patterns in Communication and Organisational Culture at Workplace: The Role of Gender and Organisational Type. Advances in Management (International Journal,) 6(7), 13-21.
2. Shanmugam, M.M (2013). Feminine Patterns of Communication at Workplace; Advantage Women Leaders? A Review. International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow, 3(5), 1-7.
3. Shanmugam, M.M (2013). Role of Women in the Preservation and Advancement of Religion: A Historical Perspective. The Spiritual Leader, 2(2), 3-7.
4. Shanmugam, M.M (2009, July). Symbolic Icons of Empowerment: A Case Study on the Organizational Challenges that Ordinary Indian Women face in Unconventional Jobs. Paper presented at the 27th Standing Conference on Organisational Symbolism "The Bridge", Copenhagen Business School & Malmo University, Copenhagen, Denmark & Malmo University, Malmo, Sweden.
5. Shanmugam, M.M (2009, Feb). Role of Women in the Preservation and Advancement of Religion: A Historical Perspective. Paper presented at a national Seminar on "Women and Religion" conducted by The Centre for Women's Studies, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeet, New Delhi.
6. Shanmugam, M.M (2008, Jan). What drives India? The EDGE. 35-36.
7. Shanmugam, M.M (2007). Cultural Diversity at Workplace: An HR Concern. In Saiyyaddin.M & Desai.T.P (Eds) Emerging Issues in HRM: An Indian Perspective (pp 49-66). New Delhi, Excel Books.
8. Shanmugam, M.M (2006, Dec). Managing Cultural Diversity at Workplace - An Indian Perspective. Paper presented at the Fourth AIMS International Conference on Management of AIMS International and IIM Indore, Indore.
9. Shanmugam, M.M (2006, July). Aim towards self-knowledge. The EDGE . 18-19.
10. Shanmugam, M.M (2006, April). Periyar PURA: A case for Engendering Governance. The EDGE. 24-25.
11. Shanmugam, M.M & Devi, I.R (2004, Dec). Managing Cultural Diversity at Workplace - The Primary Challenge of Global Leadership. Paper presented at the international conference on "Competing in a Global Economy" at TIME Business School, Tirupathi.
12. Shanmugam, M.M (2004, March). Changing Roles Of Indian Women In Media And The Felling Of Another Male Bastion. Paper presented at a national conference "Women in 2020" at Theivanai Ammal College for Women, Villupuram.